Table of Contents
Bren School Computing Support
ICS Wiki Pages
Welcome to the Information and Computer Sciences Support Wiki pages! Access to most of the information in these ICS Wiki pages are restricted to ICS affiliates. Please make sure to login using an ICS username/password if prompted.
Past Promoted Articles
Supporting the Instructional, Research, and Administrative Missions of the Bren School of Information and Computer Science.
- Location: Information and Computer Science Bldg. 302 Suite 346 Irvine Ca, 92697-3425
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 12 pm, 1 pm to 5 pm (excluding University holidays)
- Phone: 949-824-4222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- System Operations(Sysops)
Computing Support operates a Helpdesk to ensure that requests are tracked and completed in a timely manner. The Helpdesk should be consulted with problems regarding ICS accounts, accessing Bren School ICS systems, supplied/supported software, and when planning to purchase new systems. For more information, please send an email to email@example.com
- Connecting to your Windows Desktop @ ICS remotely or from home.
Forgotten ICS Password
- Your ICS username is the same as your UCInetid.
- If you need to reset your ICS account password, go to https://password.ics.uci.edu.
- Read the password rules, then click on the top on either Question or Email
- Answer either your secret question or request a password reset link, which will be valid for 60 minutes.
- If you need additional help, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your information, a description of the problem, and/or relevant screenshots.
Contacting ICS Computing Support Helpdesk
The ICS Computing Support Group should be contacted by email at email@example.com or by phone at (949) 824-4222 Using these contact methods helps us provide a quicker response to trouble tickets and requests.
Please note: If you believe that there is a problem with email delivery or that an email message to Helpdesk may not be processed by the ICS email servers, please call (949) 824-4222.
Deliveries that are going to the ICS Computing Support group should be shipped to the following address:
__Your Name__ c/o ICS Computing Support Group Information and Computer Science I Building 302 Suite 346 Irvine, Ca 92697-3425
Medium to Large Deliveries (i.e. pallets, carrier deliveries)
Medium to Larger deliveries will need to be delivered to the Engineering Tower Loading Dock and scheduled with the computing support group one day prior. Scheduling the delivery allows us to ensure that someone is available to accept the delivery and transport it to the data center. Carriers may not be able to complete unscheduled deliveries.
When making large purchases that may need to be delivered via the loading dock, please provide special directions for the carrier.
Directions to the Engineering Tower loading docks
- The loading docks are attached to Engineering Tower (Building 303 in quadrant 6E on the Campus Map.)
- Closest cross streets are Peltason Drive and Engineering Service Road.
- Loading docks are at the end of Engineering Service Road.
- Google Map Entry for the Engeering Tower
- Google Map GPS Coordinates: 33.6445945,-117.8406228,19.96z